Liquid Neon (Remaster) Liquid Neon (Remaster)

This is like perfect for Need for Speed or Midnight Club. Maybe even Unreal Tournament. I think it could use a little better mixing in some places. Then again, it would lack a bit of that "oldskool screamer" charm.

Everything up to 2:30 feels like it could make for a really epic loop. Overall, I like this. It's obviously not your best since it is an oldie, but I really do like songs that have that oldskool sound like this one does. It's refreshing to hear something that sounds like it's from 1999 minus the 8-bit samples.

Lashmush responds:

Yeah, I have tons of old modules like this (both my own and by other oldskool trackers) and it's weird how when I start listening to them they feel so outdated and flat but a minute or so into it, when the ears readjust, they sort of kick into effect and then they're just fun to listen to. :3

Thanks for the feedback!

Ashes Ashes

Great job on the vocals. The overall mix is pretty smooth. I like how it breaks down into almost a trance step instead of aggrostep. I also find the dubstep growls and effects to be fairly original, rarely using an overused effect. There is a personal spin to everything here; very little generic anything. Great use of subtle glitch effects!

Pro quality!

hanorotu responds:

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to give me a review. I read them all and everyone counts!

For the glory For the glory

I think this is pretty original, and I like the variety instruments. However, and maybe this is just me, it seems like the song kind of clashes with itself. I don't exactly know what it is - maybe the filter effects or the harmonies or something else - but the song is a bit chaotic sounding; it's got this tension bordering on unpleasantness. But I do actually like what you've made here. It's an interesting blend of many sounds and themes. I can't recall exactly what this reminds me of, but it is good what I hear.
After listening to it a few times now, it has an oldskool feeling I find reminiscent of the early 90's tracker scene.

Sum up:
Upbeat, a journey of a struggle, than a rise back up facing some obstacles than a triumph.
I feel like this works better as a loop than a song in its current mix; the ending feels a bit too abrupt. A few small tweaks could easily make this a seamless loop. (this is the only reason why I'm giving you only 9/10; an oversight perhaps or running out of ideas. Everything else is perfect for what it is
I like it! I feel like it could use some focus, but may that slight tension is intentional; maybe there are too many instruments - too much variety? (just my opinion)
Either way good job on the mixing, transitions, and mastering; it's got great production values.

9/10
DL

F-777 - Viper (Full) F-777 - Viper (Full)

Awesome track. Really getting down to this. I especially like that dirty, wet "yaug" synth. The song kept building up and up and never really released until the end. I'll be jamming out to this one for a while.

Excellent work!

Overdrive {Halloween2010} Overdrive {Halloween2010}

This song is a blast! It has one of the sickest outros I've heard pretty much ever. The last minute and a half is really good, not to mention the rest of it. Really getting a "monster within" vibe from this. So much awesome! Love it!

Ludicrous Speed - F-777 Ludicrous Speed - F-777

This...

This is awesome! Fast, stomping, pumping beat. Great breakdowns. Tight trance-y sections. Yet another F-777 masterpiece.

This has got to be insane in Audiosurf! Do you mind if I make a video of me playing it?

-:: Acceptability ::- -:: Acceptability ::-

I'm almost moved to tears...

As a fellow Aspy, this... I can't find the right words. You put it better than I could have: "we are confusing, we are angry, but we try to be as much friendly as possible." For me, it's a gift and a curse. It gives me a unique perspective on things, but it came with a price: medicine, social integration exercises, and those "bad" days at school. I will always be dealing with myself, trying to gain acceptance.

Great composition, but if you master it, it would be perfect. I'm not too familiar with classical composition - yet - so I can't really offer any advice on arrangement or particulars. But what I heard worked, and you carried the energy of the song throughout. A felt a constant back and forth, up and down, rise and fall, with a heavy down in the middle and ending with some feeling of triumph or peace. To me, this completely embodies the struggle of dealing with Asperger syndrome.

Beautiful!

RAGE QUIT! RAGE QUIT!

I don't really like Hip Hop...

But I like this! But I have a hard time hearing the lyrics. I like how it is dragged on, but perhaps the beat is a tad too loud--it slightly overpowered your voice. I still can't understand some of the verses. Maybe you could put the lyrics in the comments?

9/10
DL ;)

Luke responds:

I'll do that shortly! Thanks for the review, score and download! I appreciate it!

- LD - Razorback - LD - Razorback

Interesting blend of styles

The song does not clash with itself, which for me happens sometimes when I try and take two different genres and put them together, so good job there.

It invokes that feeling of mystery at the beginning, leading to "discovery" at 1:38. Good overall feeling to it.

The back synth starting at 1:15 could be a bit louder. It sounds fairly silent to me and interferes with the feeling of the song imo. And it starts to drag on a bit for me after about 3 minutes, but as you said it being good for clubs, that's a good thing (maybe).

Overall, I like it, and it's good to hear something different in the dubstep genre, especially a slower, dance-able one, but it doesn't really have that "something special" to make it stand out much above the rest. There is potential here for more, and I think it be would be something really cool if the full potential was reached.

In summary: done well for what it is, but I think there is room for improvement.

3/5
7/10

hammer of the gods hammer of the gods

Almost there

It has a good intro, but then it starts to get a bit repetitive. I'm not quite sure what you could do to improve it, but it has potential to be something more.

8/10