Game of The Year Edition Game of The Year Edition

I was actually applauding by the end; that whole documentary skit was classic. A bit on the long side though; that's not a bad thing, but a scene select would be the icing on the cake for this.

10/10
Share with everybody I remotely know.

Skyrim Collab Skyrim Collab

Ok, this isn't half bad...

After watching all of the shorts (easter egg too), I feel like I can say that this comes across as a sort of underdog collab. Overall, I found the humor to be OK. I laughed at all of them. The art was varied in quality as is to be expected with these kinds of collabs. None of it was so bad that it was a turn off. Out of all of them, I found Pot Head to be the worst, but it wasn't all bad. The sword could have been drawn much worse. I think this collab came out ok.

8/10
4/5

COMET COMET

Pardon the pun, but...

Stellar animation! Those backgrounds were amazing! I didn't actually realize he was dreaming until the end. I didn't notice the Space Captain Atmos or whoever that is on the blanket till the end.

You captured the magic of xmas and put it in a flash. Well done!

Dress a Guardsman Dress a Guardsman

I thought this was going to be a parody...

...with tutus and everything. However, for 2003 I guess this is ok I guess. The boots a tad too big and the gun is a bit wonky. But, I do like his expression; it's exactly how a guardsmen should look - like "I really don't to be here right now. Please put me out of my misery."

2/5
5/10

Contrast Contrast

Very interesting.

The lack of in-game sound is interesting. The controls were a bit hard at first, but then I got used to it. Because it is all on the keyboard, the pitter-patter of the keyboard gives the game sound. I find the controls to be the interesting twist to the generic top down shoot'em up.

REPLAYING :the game: REPLAYING :the game:

This..this...

This is both stupid, silly, smart, dumb, awesome, and kinda funny. I sorta like the political statements, but my favorites were the NP-Problem one, the memes one, and the calculus one. There is so much random awesome in this!

Liquid Neon (Remaster) Liquid Neon (Remaster)

This is like perfect for Need for Speed or Midnight Club. Maybe even Unreal Tournament. I think it could use a little better mixing in some places. Then again, it would lack a bit of that "oldskool screamer" charm.

Everything up to 2:30 feels like it could make for a really epic loop. Overall, I like this. It's obviously not your best since it is an oldie, but I really do like songs that have that oldskool sound like this one does. It's refreshing to hear something that sounds like it's from 1999 minus the 8-bit samples.

4/5

Lashmush responds:

Yeah, I have tons of old modules like this (both my own and by other oldskool trackers) and it's weird how when I start listening to them they feel so outdated and flat but a minute or so into it, when the ears readjust, they sort of kick into effect and then they're just fun to listen to. :3

Thanks for the feedback!

Ashes Ashes

Great job on the vocals. The overall mix is pretty smooth. I like how it breaks down into almost a trance step instead of aggrostep. I also find the dubstep growls and effects to be fairly original, rarely using an overused effect. There is a personal spin to everything here; very little generic anything. Great use of subtle glitch effects!

Pro quality!

hanorotu responds:

Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to give me a review. I read them all and everyone counts!

For the glory For the glory

I think this is pretty original, and I like the variety instruments. However, and maybe this is just me, it seems like the song kind of clashes with itself. I don't exactly know what it is - maybe the filter effects or the harmonies or something else - but the song is a bit chaotic sounding; it's got this tension bordering on unpleasantness. But I do actually like what you've made here. It's an interesting blend of many sounds and themes. I can't recall exactly what this reminds me of, but it is good what I hear.
After listening to it a few times now, it has an oldskool feeling I find reminiscent of the early 90's tracker scene.

Sum up:
Upbeat, a journey of a struggle, than a rise back up facing some obstacles than a triumph.
I feel like this works better as a loop than a song in its current mix; the ending feels a bit too abrupt. A few small tweaks could easily make this a seamless loop. (this is the only reason why I'm giving you only 9/10; an oversight perhaps or running out of ideas. Everything else is perfect for what it is
I like it! I feel like it could use some focus, but may that slight tension is intentional; maybe there are too many instruments - too much variety? (just my opinion)
Either way good job on the mixing, transitions, and mastering; it's got great production values.

9/10